500 - 221 West Esplanade
North Vancouver BC V7M 3J3
Tel: (604) 988-5201
Fax: (604) 988-1452
Kristy A. Pozniak
Kristy joined Ratcliff in 2007 after having clerked at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal. She works exclusively for First Nation clients in the areas of governance, economic development, consultation and accomodation, treaty implementation and regulating processes. Her practice includes assisting First Nations with:
- development, implementation and enforcement of law, bylaws, codes and policies, including financial administration laws, property tax laws, election codes, citizenship codes, land codes and housing policies;
- development and implementation of corporate and governance structures for the pursuit of economic development opportunities;
- negotiation of impact benefit agreements;
- regulatory processes, including National Energy Board and CEAA hearings; and
- various other corporate commercial matters, including commercial leases, construction contracts, and land transfers.
Outside of work, Kristy enjoys knitting and hiking with her husband and two boys.
- University of Saskatchewan, LL.B, 2006 (Great Distinction)
- University of Regina, B.Admin., 2002 (Great Distinction)
- British Columbia Bar, 2007
- Part of a team of lawyers that advised Maa-nulth First Nations on treaty closing and implementation, 2011 and ongoing.
- Represented Lil'wat Nation in negotiations between BC Hydro, the Province and all 11 St'at'imc First Nations which concluded in a series of agreements addressing historic impacts from BC Hydro's facilities, 2011.